Terms and Conditions of Hire
The following terms and conditions of hire are considered to have been read and accepted when making a booking.
- Bookings are made for whole week hires, on a Saturday to Saturday basis.
- Subject to availability of dates, and at our discretion, we may accept bookings for long weekends or short breaks, prices for these and acceptance of such bookings will be advised on application.
- In order to ensure the comfort of all our guests, the hirer acknowledges and accepts that there is a strict policy of no smoking upstairs at Marino Lodge.
One kennel is provided but your dog may use inner and outer hall only, where there is a dog sofa. No animals upstairs under any circumstances.
The hirer shall be responsible for any damages or breakages to the property, furnishings etc. All damages must be reported and paid for prior to departure. In the event of any breakages occurring, please let us know as soon as possible in order that the item(s) may be replaced.
Marino Lodge is cleaned thoroughly between each holiday let. However, as only a limited period of time is available to clean the property, it is a condition of your let that you leave the property and its contents as you find it.
- The hirer shall ensure that the standard of cleanliness of the premises is as high on their departure as on their arrival.
To allow us to make sure the property is in the best condition prior to your visit, we request that you arrive between 3pm and 5pm on the day your let commences. Check-in time strictly between these hours. If you are unable to arrive between these hours, please let Colin Surman know in advance on 01687 470497.
On the day of departure, please vacate the accommodation by 10.30am.
- A 20% non refundable deposit is required to secure your booking. Confirmation of the booking will be sent once your payment has cleared.
- If the booking is made within 6 weeks of the commencement of your stay, payment in full is required at the time of booking. Payment can be made by cheque, BACS or IBAN transfer. Cheques should be made payable to “J Forbes Estate“. Please advise when booking if you wish to pay by BACS or IBAN and bank details will be sent to you for this.
- Your booking must be paid in full 6 weeks prior to the commencement of your stay. If payment is not received within the 6 weeks (unless otherwise arranged) then the lessor may treat the booking as cancelled.
Please note that once a booking has been confirmed, you are liable for the full cost of the holiday. However, we will endeavour to re-let the property and if successful, we will make a refund to the value of the re-let period, less a 10% administration charge. Therefore, it is essential that cancellations are notified to us immediately by phone followed by an immediate written or emailed confirmation. For this reason we highly recommend that you take out travel insurance.
- The Lessor, his agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Hirer’s party or their property, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
- The Hirer warrants that the subjects let are to be used for the purposes of a Holiday. Accordingly, Section 12(2) and Paragraphs of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 applies to the letting to the Hirer.
- We reserve the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out repairs or maintenance.